Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving



OK--I'll try later, but blogger is being frustrating, and I can only load these two pictures. I'll load more tomorrow, hopefully.
We had such a good Thanksgiving with my family. These are a few pictures from Thanksgiving Day. You'll notice that Benjamin is using a nebulizer. That is because he came down with bronchitis that week. Bless his heart! Will he ever get well? Thanksgiving Day was a little bit smaller of a gathering than normal this year. Abby & Andy and little Andrew were out in Texas, and Carrie Beth and her boys didn't arrive until late that evening, because Brad wasn't able to come since he had to be ready to open Circuit City in Jax at 4am the next morning. We still enjoyed one another's fellowship, and as you can see, we had plenty of food! I don't think I ever got a picture of Dad (Cocky). Sorry, Dad. He was probably busy doing something to help the day go splendidly when I had the camera out. Mom has sweetly allowed me to do the table center pieces for the last couple of years, and she helped me go out and gather greens from the yard. I loved how this arrangement has a wildness about it. Karen--it makes me think of Tana and Phil and how they would always talk about things "spillin' and drippin'"! When I was putting the arrangement together, I was thinking about how much I love Magnolia trees--those giant green leaves are from the Magnolias in Mom and Dad's yard. Yes, I know, Dad--they do make a mess, but they are so quintessentially southern. I love how strong, firm, and bold the leaves are.

No comments: