Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cleavage Cook

Just when I thought I might not have to see Cleavage Cook ever again, she lands a gig on the Today Show and is the covergirl on the US World News insert in our newspaper today. Don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about, people. Cleavage Cook, aka Giada from the Food Network. I can appreciate her cooking savy, but could we keep the groceries in the bag, Giada? Try watching that show of hers without catching a long, slow zoom in toward some bowl that just happens to be near her chest. Ladies, who of you cooks with such a plunging neckline in your own kitchen? I know that if I did, my husband would definitely be expecting more than squash casserole and baked chicken for dinner. All I'm trying to say is that if I tune in to watch a cooking show, I'd rather not get the peep show shots, and, Giada, a lot of that could be remedied if you just wore a slightly more conservative blouse. Yes, I was raised by a mom who urged me to consider dressing in a way that was respectful of my own body and respectful of all the eyes that might be upon me. No, I don't have hair down to my knees nor a wordrobe full of denim, ankle-length skirts, but I do believe that our society has really gone bizzerk in this area. As my grandfather, Poppy, says, "All that needs is a little Asbury lace." :) That was an actual comment he made to my sister, Carrie Beth, when she modeled her prom dress for him her senior year in highschool! That was a funny moment. So tell me what you think. Have you given way to the pressures of society and are you donning your Wonder Bra in your kitchen every night whilst cooking up something delectable?

7 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Hey there! I just wanted to warn you that she will be on Oprah today!! So if she dresses like that for the today show......I do like her cookbooks though. I have 2 of them.

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Thanks for the warning! :) Well, if anybody could give the "Cleavage Cook" a run for her money in the cleavage department, that would be you, girl! :) You know I love you!

The Holland Family said...

I've bought SO MANY of those low neck-line shirts just for the kitchen...turn off the oven honey, it's hot enough! ~ Tyrone

The Holland Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne Rogowski said...

Tyrone! How I've missed you! I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :)

Anonymous said...

Personally AIDS, I want to see what was written in the comment that you "deleted"! Censorship! And you being an English Teacher!!! All I have to say is that my 5-year old son Timmy says, "Mommy - do you mind pulling your shirt up! I can see your bumps!" He's had quite a fascination with "bumps" lately, and it's not because I dress like Giada!!! BOYS! Just you wait!!

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Becky! How great to hear from you! OK, you know better than to think I would censor! I believe someone in the Holland family wrote something and then deleted it. I didn't delete it, so it has left me just as curious as you. :) Girl, I know I have a lot of interesting experiences coming my way with this little boy! I love the "bumps". How funny! Olivia has always called them "bing-bongs", and when Benjamin bit me while nursing the other day, she took him by his head and said, "No biting Mommy's bing-bongs!!" We girls have to stick together, right? :)