Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Kidding" around





Stan went to Valdosta tonight with his friend, Mike, to see a Casting Crowns concert, so this afternoon and evening we were sans papa. We enjoyed a visit to the goats who live at the end of our road. Benjamin wasn't sure what to make of them, but Olivia, as always, loved every minute of it. I wish that I could say the remainder of the evening was as idealic as the goat visit, but later after both kiddos had given in to multiple meltdowns (neither had gotten a good afternoon nap), Momma had a meltdown of her own. It wasn't pretty, folks. I found myself feeling very close to Paul--you know the scripture where he talks about the struggle he has against his flesh--that stuff about doing the very thing he doesn't want to do. Arrrrggghhhh. So when I was finally able to step back for a moment and I began to apologize to Olivia, she interrupted me, and said, "Don't worry, Mommy. God forgives you even when you do mean things." Oh me. Praise God for that truth, but talk about humbling to have it handed to you by your 3 year old. This parenting thing is so challenging sometimes. Lamentations 3:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

So I'm banking on his compassions being new tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Jarrod, Tracy, Kyle, Spencer & Abby said...

Meltdowns, Smeltdowns. I am so proud of you for apologizing.

It also amazes me how my children can put me in my place when I screw up.