Thursday, February 28, 2008

A day with the kiddos





Carrie Beth and Brad had to close on their house they sold near Savannah and pack the remaining items being stored in the garage of that house on Tuesday to take back to Jacksonville where they're now living, so I kept the two boys along with my two kids. That makes four, if you're not a good counter. FOUR. Yes, I know my mom did it somehow, but it is quite something to experience. David is 5 1/2, Jonathan is almost 2, and then Olivia almost 4 and Benjamin almost 1. Almost stairsteps. It was really a good day, and miraculously, I got Benjamin and Jonathan to take afternoon naps almost simultaneously! Praise the Lord! I have wonderful nephews! David is so smart! He can count to 100 all by himself, and he is reading like you wouldn't believe (Sorry Carrie Beth, I guess it's time to stop wearing those t-shirts that say stuff like Miller Lite is Alright!--just kidding, of course my sister would never wear such a thing, nor would I, but if we did, David would read it immediately outloud and have a million questions about what that means!). Jonathan is coming into his own personality lately, and he cracks me up with the faces he makes and how tickled he'll get when you make faces at him. I had a couple of hair raising moments when I had to leap across a room to keep Jonathan from putting the choke hold on Benjamin--very innocently of course. He thought that was how he could pick him up. :) Be still my beating heart. We had fun, and I hope to host them all again sometime. I can't imagine what it will be like when all these boys get to be middleschool and highschool age--they'll be eating us out of house and home when we all get together! :)What fun! I'm so grateful for family!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

My boys are so blessed to have such wonderful aunts!! And we are so thankful to be close to Aunt Adrienne right now (we are praying that maybe Aunt Abby will move in an easterly direction before too long!)- David and Jonathan both had so much fun at your house. What a relief to know that they were with you while we were going up and down attic stairs and loading heavy stuff into the back of the big truck at the house we used to own (PTL)! Thank you again- I loved the pictures! When all 4 of them were here at the condo (for only a few hours!) with me, I too had to keep Jonathan from doing his hug/smackdown on Benjamin a few times. I asked the ladies at the nursery at church if he was behaving himself there, because there are a lot of little babies and they just said, "Oh, he LOVES the babies!" I hope that was a good thing- I did tell them that I had caught him "loving" on Benjamin a little too much and they said he did fine with them. I think he is still a little shy in that environment! Anyway, thanks for your sweet words- thank you, thank you-- and tell Miss O and Benji thanks too for sharing their toys and their Mommy so sweetly with David and Jonathan!

Nonny said...

What a blessing to see my children and grandchildren loving and serving each other!