Thursday, February 7, 2008




What a full, wild day! Stan is helping host/manage, etc the middleschool band clinic and the highschool jazz band clinic that is at our highschool this weekend, so for the next few days, it's gonna be the Mom & kiddos show". Today we had fun making these two little "buildings" out of our Graco carseat boxes. Olivia was so funny when I first started "constructing" them; she could not stop giggling. She was so excited about it. I remember when I was in preschool when our teacher brought in a gigantic refrigerator box, and we made it into a post office. That was truly my reason for going to preschool for a long time. I couldn't wait to play in that thing, so I was hoping Olivia would enjoy this, even though it's on a much smaller scale than a refrigerator box! :) Benjamin had his share of fun today too. Stan hurried home for dinner before rushing back for a long evening, and we had fun capturing Benjamin's embouchure training moments on video. We think he'll make a great brass player some day! Tonight after dinner Olivia helped me by sweeping, and I complimented her on what a marvelous job she was doing, and she said, "I want to be a smart girl and do what's right, Momma." Can you tell she'd been in timeout twice earlier in the day and had been given a short lecture a time or so? How many times have I said, "I know you are such a smart, good girl, Olivia. You just need to choose to do what is right, and that will bring a smile to the Lord's face and to mine, too!":) Maybe some of it is getting through!!!

7 comments:

Andy Miller III said...

I love it! He looks like a trumpet player. I was doing the same thing at Andy today, but he hasn't been able to copy me yet, so maybe he'll be a piano player.

Nonny said...

Too Funny and cute! Only a band director dad would think of this! Nonny, Brenda, MOM

The Holland Family said...

Give that boy some sticks already! You already have 2 brass players, and a singer - for the Von-Rogowksi Family singers, you're going to need a beat!

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Andy, if AndyIV becomes a pianist, you'd have a nice little trio with you on trumpet/cornet, and Abby on the drums and Andy IV tinklin' the ivories. :)

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Nick, you might have to do some negotiating with Daddy 'Ski on that one. I love the Von-Rogowski Family singers title! :) I don't know that we're worthy, but I'll take it! :)

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Mom, I think you're right. Any other parent would say, "Oh look, he sounds like a train or a plane or a car...."
:)

Carrie Beth said...

I just have to say I love the comments posted here, and of course, I loved the video!! How precious! Sticks, though? How about a nice oboe reed- maybe Olivia will pick that one up- she is good at making funny faces :). Thanks for sharing, Age!