Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Children's Choir Day Camp

We were so excited to have 27 kids participate in our first back to school children's choir day camp. We were there from 9-2, and we divided them into two groups. The older groups learned three songs: "Hey Man" (a Seeds Family Worship song that we sang with Stan on guitar and me and a few kids on drums), an arrangement of "In My Life, Lord Be Glorified" (we had three different groups, one playing hand chimes, one playing orph instruments, and one playing handbells--so pretty!) and then one other song that we just had piano accompaniment with called "I Will Praise You, O Lord With All My Heart". The younger group did two songs: one was a Steve Green song from his "Hide 'em In Your Heart" album for kids and the other was from the new curriculum for this year for children's choir. I'm sorry I can't remember their song titles, but it was very sweet. They used ribbons and simple handbells, too. We are praying that the Lord will use this ministry to build up strong holds against the devil! It is humbling and incredibly rewarding to help lead these groups. I'm looking forward to starting our official year of choir tonight at our first Wednesday night rehearsal!

No comments: