Monday, October 29, 2007

Whatever

On Saturday at our church's Fall Festival they gave out CDs with children's music on them, and so Olivia wanted to listen to it on the way home of course. I really enjoyed one of the tunes, and Olivia and I were bee-bopping around to it as we rode home. She was enjoying the fall weather by keeping her window rolled all the way down, and her hair flew wildly beneath the Atlanta Braves cap she was wearing. Forgive me for getting wrapped up in creating a picture of the moment! Anyway, back to the song. It's that scripture that says "Whatever you do whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord, Jesus." Olivia and I particularly enjoyed the intro to the song where the kids were singing "Whatever, whatever, what-what-what-what, whatever, " over and over again. Well, as often is the case, it's these kids' songs that stick in my head the most. I've been singing it all morning (I'm just grateful it's not the Dora song--another one that seems to often get stuck up there), and I've found it to be convicting. Whatever I do??? Really? Even making the beds and cleaning breakfast off of the table before the cereal remaining in the bowls becomes a compound hard enough to require a jack hammer to remove it? Can I? Will I choose to do that in the name of the Lord Jesus? As my BFF, Kristin and I always say, "Ich Libe ditch!" (Her college roomate was determined to try to teach her German--we think this means I love you, but it sounds much more like an experession of exasperation to us, so we use it as such.) So today, I'm going to really try to focus on doing "whatever" I do in the name of the Lord Jesus. What are you going to do today that will challenge you to say to the Lord, "OK, Jesus, this is that whatever thing, and I'm just going to do it in your name." Feel free to post your comments.

1 comment:

KL said...

Oh Girl,
I love the descriptive writing in the intro..great post and very helpful. He is always with us!