Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Tent


Well, the Rogowski family is finally blogging! :) We just ended a full day because St. Mary's United Methodist had their Homecoming today and then the men of the church worked much of the afternoon completely emptying the sanctuary, because we're getting new pews and carpet and paint in the sanctuary in the coming couple of weeks. Benjamin is still awake and it is 9:30pm. I'm afraid I must confess it is likely because I ate two brownines today. In my defense, they were tiny, but I suppose they were enough to keep this little booger on a slumber party high tonight. Nursing mothers, stand with me and groan the painful groan of a woman who just wants a little chocolate--OK, who am I kidding? I want a lot of chocolate, and a lot of chips and salsa! The day will come when I won't be bound to an onion and chocolate free diet! I have a dream! Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm gonna eat some brownies when I'm free at last! Can I get an amen?
Well, I thought I'd include some pics of what Olivia, Stan and I have been up to this weekend. (Olivia took the picture included. I would've put one of Olivia in, but something wasn't working right when I tried to upload a 2nd picture.) Stan helped her build a tent between the couch and the kitchen bar, and we had so much fun playing school! Olivia helped me take attendance, and we had to do lots of projects, eat snacks, sing songs, say the pledge to the flag (which I totally didn't even know my child knew--how about that?), trace letters, and do lots of cleaning up and washing of our hands--I'm assuming this is what she does a lot of on her three days a week in preschool. Very fun! I got to be the teacher, and Olivia was my big helper. It's so amazing how suddenly a space can be so fascinating and entertaining when you simply put a blanket or two over it! I remember making some fabulous little rooms underneath many a parsonage dining room table when we were kids.
Here was the funny conversation of the weekend around here: I mentioned at the dinner table last night that we hadn't heard from Uncle Will in a while. Olivia said, "He's busy at school." Stan said,"Up at Asbury?" She said, "Yeah. I'm gonna go to Raspberry some day, too, when I get to be big. I have to do lots of tricks, don't I?" Stan and I giggled and said to eachother, "Yeah, it's gonna takes some tricks for us to be able to afford it!" I loved the "Raspberry", though!
Well, the treadmill beckons.

2 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Love the blog. I think it is such a fun way to keep in touch! Now if only I will update ours......

Love,
the Hollands

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Thanks for coming and posting a comment! How fun! Yes, I do believe it will be a challenge to keep it updated at times.