Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The law has come to town



Who can resist a kid in a cowboy hat? Olivia and I love to put this hat on him, and funny enough, Benjamin seems to kind of enjoy wearing it, too! Yesterday when I was waiting to pick Olivia up from dance class I had a moment that was a little embarassing, and as soon as it happened, I remembered the same thing happening when Olivia was about this same age. How quickly I forget. I was sitting there with Benjamin on my lap, and this woman looked at me, or so I thought, and smiled very warmly and said, "Hi!" I tried to look quickly to my left and right to see if someone else was respnding to her, but I quickly realized, "No she was looking in my direction, and even though I don't know her, she was definitely talking to me." So I smiled really big back to her, and said, "Hi!" and then she gave me a funny look and glanced down at Benjamin. Immediately I had my aha moment. "Duh!" She was smiling and talking to Benjamin, not to me! I remember this same sort of funny thing happening to me when Olivia was a wee one. What a goof ball I am! You ever had this sort of thing happen to you?

1 comment:

KL said...

girl,
I knew you had some of hte southwest in your blood! I also notivced that Olivia and Alaina have the same haircut-very cute. I'm glad you got the pics to work too. Don't worry about the friendly greeting lady..I always feel sad when people come up to my babies and say hi and in return my girls push their hands away. You can hear self-esteems plumit to the ground