Sunday, April 11, 2010

FB updates

  1. challenging thoughts from MUFHH "Tolerating a wrong attitude toward another person causes you to follow the spirit of the devil, no matter how saintly you are. One carnal judgment of another person only serves the purposes of hell in you." "The deadliest attitude of the Pharisees that we exhibit today is not hypocrisy but that which comes from unconsciously living a lie."
  2. enjoyed hearing a great sermon this morning from Dadd-O. So many great illustrations as well as the inclusion of Orianthi's song "According to You". It was also fun being in Mom's SS class. She's doing a great job and giving such careful preparation for her class lessons. So proud of how Dad and Mom are pouring themselves out as a fragrant offering for the Lord's great Kingdom purposes.is at Mom and Dad's. Yeah! the kids woke me up at 5:20. Boooo! I'm going for a run. Yeah! The yeahs outweigh the boos! Yeah!
  3. eagerly awaiting my phone appointment with my bestie from the westie (Kristin Ebright Pattison from AZ) today at 1pm--been much too long since we caught up ear to ear.
  4. has had a particularly awesome day because my mom and dad zipped into town after Dad finished a J.Wesley gig on SSI. We had dinner together and the kids were just about ecstatic about their surprise visit--as was I. Benajmin said as they drove off, "That Cocky--he funny, Momma!" :) Yes, Cocky is funny. :)
  5. loves that when I'm rounding a corner a little quickly in my van I can sing the General Lee's Dixie horn, and as soon as I finish singing it my kids both yell, "Yeeehaw!" Seriously cute and fun!
  6. Dear God, thanks for waking up one morning and thinking, "I'm gonna make an awesome one today! I'm gonna make a Stanley Kenneth Rogowski, Jr. and he will grow to be a man after my own heart, and he'll adore music, and one day he'll be a wonderful husband and daddy! He'll lift my name up high and draw people to me!" Happy Birthday Stan! I love you dearly!
  7. really nice time tonight for our Dins with the Ins. The kids get so wound up with their Grammy and Papa here--they just are so excited to visit with them that they get a little rambunctious. The meal turned out pretty yummy-oven baked chicken, green beans, home made macaroni & cheese (recipe from Jan Karon's ckbk), rolls and iced brownies w/ice cream. Happy early birthday to my precious husband!
  8. did the grocery trip tonight--spent 61, saved 70! And I had the most awesome checker-outer-girl, a lovely Miss Helen Clark! It's been a nice, leisurely Saturday with a long nap and everything! I'm already looking forward to our Dins with the Ins tomorrow night. Should be a good time with a little b-day celebration for the husby
  9. The Rogowski Barber Shop is closing soon--I've done three heads this morning. If you need a trim come by before I get around to mopping! :)
  10. I bought a new toilet brush today, and Benajmin is enjoying playing with this virgin toilet brush. I told him to enjoy it while he can, because soon it will be off limits. Don't worry, moms, I store it in the laundry room up in my cleaning caddy/bucket thingy, so he won't be able to get to it again...hopefully.
  11. really beautiful morning run! PTL! Only bummer is that my black running pants are neon green on the front because of all the pollen. I saw it billowing out of the pine trees like green smoke when the wind blew! Nuts! One allergy headache, comin' up! :)
  12. Olivia & I made her leprechaun trap which she chose to be a hotel for leprechauns. It's a shoebox wrapped in St. Pat's Day shamrock napkins with 2 silver/green checked sponges on the inside acting as a bed w/a tap light next to the "bed". Shamrock garland surround the "roof" of the hotel, and leprechaun stickers perform the job as "wallpaper" inside the hotel. We'll put some money on the hotel bed to tempt him. :)
  13. the over-ripe bananas finally wound up in banana bread tonight. Mmmmmmm.
  14. Stan did his volunteer day last weekend for the Disney Give a Day Get a Day promotion, and I'll do mine this weekend. We'll have 2 free tickets to Disney World after our little bit of volunteer time. I'm so grateful for this and am looking forward to a quick, frugal Disney trip sometime in our not-to-distant future! :)
  15. is feeling mischevious...in a good way. :)
  16. s ready to feel all better. I've had a stomach virus since Sunday night, and now we're all praying it won't get passed around the house--just in time for spring break.
  17. finally seeming to come out of this nightmarish stomach virus. On the mend. Feeling a bit wimpy still, but on the mend, praise the Lord!
  18. today we saw some geese eating in a field by Olivia's school, and Benjamin said, "Da momma goose say, 'Hafta eat your salad fust if ya wantcha desert!'" Think Benajmin's heard his momma goose say that a time or two? :)
  19. is feeling a bit blue as my mom and dad are about to drive off with Olivia and it will just be Benjamin and me here tonight since Stan isn't home yet from his 8th grade band trip.
  20. sometimes getting out of town is so hard! I can do this! I can do this!!
  21. here at Mom and Dad's in Albany for a few days. Ahhhh.
  22. call me tacky and cheesey, but I love seeing a dogwood in full bloom with tons of bright plastic eggs hanging from its lowest branches by fishing wire. :) Those two symbols, the dogwood and the eggs remind me of Christ's death on the cross and how He gave us new life through his sacrifice!! Hallelujah!
  23. is enjoying my last day of spring break with my mom and dad in Albany. Egg Hunt and picnic coming up soon and then Mom will drive me and the kiddos to Tifton to meet Stan who'll take us home. He sweetly encouraged us to stay an extra couple days when he had to head home to be there for the Maundy Thursday service.
  24. needs to stop looking through all my old iPhoto albums--Easter last year, Easter year before--where did my babies go?? They'll always be my babies, but goodness gracious how they've grown! Benjamin has a fever tonight, so I'm praying he'll be feeling better in the morning. No one should have to be sick on Easter! Hoping to celebrate with my church family in the AM. Death where is thy sting???
  25. He is risen indeed!! Hallelujah! I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today! I know that He is living whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He's always near! He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!!!
  26. doesn't like seeing my little guy suffer through sickness. He was a real trooper tonight as we took Stan's parents out to eat since it is their anniversary and my MIL's birthday. He sat bundled in a blanket in the highchair. Poor little guy.
  27. We managed to get a few pictures this morning even though Benjamin has been sick much of the day. I was disappointed to not get a family picture together at the church this year, but sometimes sickness trumps the family photo op. Hallelujah! Christ Is Alive!!
  28. We just got back from a wonderful week-long visit at my parents' home in Albany. It was so much fun! Hated to see it end. So grateful for so many precious moments. And so very grateful for two loving, generous parents.
  29. His agony was the basis for the simplicity of our salvation...Because of what the Son of Man went through, every human being has been provided with a way of access into the very presence of God. -O.Chambers MUFHH 4/5
  30. is sick again with stomach crud, and my little Benjamin is still sick. Taking him to the doc today.
  31. just amended my "about me" section on facebook only to realize that the last time I'd written it I had a 16 month old and a 4 year old!! Good heavens how time flies! Benjamin will be 3 this Friday, and Olivia will be 6 in another month.
  32. so my little guy is still getting over strep throat and this morning he wakes up with a bright pink eyeball that is watering continually. This little guy is definitely sick of being sick. He just started weeping when I told him we'd have to put drops in that eye. Bring healing and wholeness, Lord.
  33. taxes done! Can someone peel me off the ground? As an English teacher from another life, working with numbers for this extended period of time has been like a slow melt of my brain. Now we sit and wait for Uncle Sam plop some cash in our bank account. Thank you Lord! This will be almost enough to pay off our only remaining credit card debt! :)
  34. is enjoying being at Carrie Beth and Brad's home today. We're celebrating Benjamin's 3rd birthday (whether he recovering from strep and has pink eye in both eyes or not!!!) by going to see Peter Pan the musical performed in Savannah today! By golly, this will be a fun day, because I'm worn out with the no-good-sick-day...
  35. is looking forward to a nice day with the fam. Think we're going to try to go to the Fernandina's Farmer's Market on our way down to Jax where we'll take Van-go in for an oil change and try to scour a few stores for some little girls' clearance deals. Olivia is bursting out of her clothes! Grant us favor in our endeavors and give us discernment, Lord.
  36. What a day. No, we didn't get it all done, but that's OK. We made progress and had some fun which was an accomplishment since our little fella had a flip out session this afternoon. We were the ones leaving Wal-Mart with a screaming child. I love this little rascal, and I appreciate my Mom speaking encouraging words after we survived the battle. He will be a strong, good man for the Lord!
  37. I know the Lord meets us where ever we gather and call on him, but I have a hankering for corporate worship in Hughes Auditorium. Maybe it's 'cause my cousin Elisabeth Key keeps talking about missing Asbury!! :)
  38. is thoroughly enjoying the breeze coming through the windows of our home. The whining weed eater noises, not so much, but the breeze, yes. :)

No comments: