Monday, May 31, 2010

Garden Growth





So here are a few pictures showing the most recent growth. As predicted, they enjoyed gulping down all that rain water yesterday. I seem to only have 4 successful different vegetables growing right now. I believe I messed up planting the cucumbers and squash. I've made a second attempt on the cucumbers. We'll see what comes of it. I'm thinking of just planting herbs where the squash were supposed to be. We'll see. The little jellybean tomatoes never even made an appearance--either I planted them wrong or they weren't great seeds. Who knows. Next year I'll start tomatoes much sooner. The corn, beans, okra and peppers are coming in nicely, though. I had all but given up on my pepper plants, so I was thrilled to finally see some tiny little plants shoot up. I spoke with the extension office guy again to ask him about my squash and cucumbers. He talked my ear off about lots that wasn't really helpful, bless his heart, and I did get the clear feeling that he doesn't really like it when gardeners attempt to go organic. Bummer. I might try to seek advice elsewhere. Here are the pictures of the most recent growth above. They're in this order: pepper, beans, corn and okra!

No comments: