Monday, March 7, 2011

Garden Update




Last week Benjamin and I spent one day tilling, and one day spreading peat moss and organic fertilizer, and then we planted. I went a little simpler this year and planted lots of small plants instead of just all seeds like last year. I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, green, yellow, red and orange bell peppers, and then the rest was done by seed--sweet corn, green beans, peas and sunflowers and zinnias. I did a small container of cherry tomatoes and a small container of herbs. I'm hopeful I'll have some success. I'm starting a good bit earlier than I did last year, so hopefully that will help, too!
Benjamin was a real trooper. The gnats were pretty bad one morning when we were working, so he disappeared inside the house and then came back out dressed in quite a get-up! He was covered head to toe as you'll see in the pics. I don't think a gnat could've bit him if they tried!
So here are a couple of pictures of what things look like in progress. I really hope to be able to show you pictures as things grow! Lord, bless these efforts!

No comments: