Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Blog I'm Really Enjoying

I've discovered a new blog called inspiredtoaction.com,and I've enjoyed several of her posts. Like any blog, you take what works for you and then work at not allowing yourself to over-analyze the parts that you might not jive with as much (her plan of getting up at 5:30 every day to complete her exercising, devos, and daily planning before the kids wake up--I can't figure out how this works. Do her kids sleep 'till 8? During the school year, my kids are up between 6 and 6:30 and we have to be dressed and eating breakfast by 7. Is she having really short exercise/devos? Her plan of going to Starbucks every single Saturday from 5:30-10:30 to plan her week. Do her kids never have Saturday morning activities? Maybe she just shortens her planning sessions when they have activities.) I really love her entries on the importance of daily, weekly and yearly retreating. Her post on how to create a mission statement as a mother was great, and I'm in the process of working on my own mission statement as a mother now. I am inspired (guess her blog title works) by her discussions regarding personal and family goal setting, and I absolutely adore the way she views the role of mother as such a high calling and how she approaches her role as mother as a profession. Much of what she writes is wonderfully encouraging and affirming to me as a mother. Her latest post is no acception: http://inspiredtoaction.com/2010/06/focused-motherhood-play-your-position/ I'm attempting to "play my position" as best as I can with the Lord's help. Just thought I'd post about her blog in case some of you otha mothas wanted to check it out, too. Bless you all, good people!

No comments: