Thursday, October 1, 2009

Been sick

I've been sick since last Saturday, and this has been the longest week. I'm pretty sure it is the flu, and I'm still getting over it. I am so grateful for Stan's patient, loving care this week. I know it's been very hard to carry the load alone. I can't remember when I felt this sick for so long. I know it's only been 6 days, but it's felt like an eternity. This is the first morning when I haven't had serious, painful body aches, so I'm beginning to feel hopeful. The Lord has carried us through this time, and now I just pray that He'll protect my family from getting it, too. I'm trying not to feel down about the fact that I won't be able to run in the Rock Shrimp 10K. I've been training to run in this race for about 3 months, and I was really looking forward to it, but even though I'm feeling a little better this morning, I will definitely not be race-ready by Saturday. The Lord works all things together for good, though, and I am trusting that.

No comments: