Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today's a special day

Some of my facebook friends have already seen what I wrote as my status update today, but I wanted to add it to my blog.

Five years ago, in the middle of the night, after some crazy labor without any meds, we were introduced to a beautiful creation named Olivia Grace sent to us from Glory. One year ago in the wee hours at a Hospice, my Dad and grandfather held the hands of another beautiful creation named Beverly Lee, and they said goodbye and ushered her into Glory. We celebrate our Livy and we remember and cherish our Muzzy today.

It is so hard to believe that Olivia is five, but sometimes it is harder to believe Muzzy is gone. In my phone's contact list, her name is still there next to Papaw's, and it seems like she still ought to pick up the phone when I call sometimes. Papaw says it's not at all that he thought he would be completely over the pain of her passing, but he said he's been surprised at how he still misses her as much today as he did the day she passed.

Well, I don't mean to sound overly somber. I know we can choose to remember the sweet, happy memories with her. I loved it when Muzzy would banter a little with Dad showing us her sense of humor. She didn't do this a lot. Most of the time she was laughing at the crazy things dad would say (she adored Dad), but occassionally she would join in and we'd get to see that dry wit that we've grown up with in our home with our dad. She'd always wink at us when she was doing this silly bantering with Dad, and what was funny was that often Dad would wink at us too--a very cute mirroring of eachother.

We're remembering her today and celebrating Olivia's life. This weekend is sure to be full of fun moments. Mom and Dad, Carrie Beth and her two boys are arriving here tomorrow afternoon. Saturday morning we'll go to Jacksonville for Olivia's dance recital, and Saturday afternoon we'll have her birthday party! Hopefully I'll have some pictures from all the fun coming soon.



1 comment:

kristin said...

happy b-da miss Olivia..hope it is a fun one