Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anniversary lunch


This is a picture that Olivia took of us when we returned from our date. We forgot to take our camera with us, so she sweetly agreed to help us out by photographing us! :)

Yesterday I enjoyed a splendid little get-away lunch date with my marvelous husby! May 23rd marked our 10 year wedding anniversary, but we hadn't had an opportunity to celebrate yet. Stan worked it out to take me to the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for lunch while having his sweet mom babysit. By the way, kuddos to Mary for babysitting so much for us lately with this Crown Financial study we've been taking! What a lifesaver! Anyway, we ate at the Crane Cottage there on the Hotel grounds and enjoyed a delicious meal. I had lobster salad (which had bacon, onions, celery, and avocado in it) on a croissant with onion rings and key lime pie for dessert, and Stan had a dish called Pesto Alfredo (which had sundried tomatoes and olivies in it) with grilled shrimp. He also had a seafood bisque and he had creme brulle for dessert. Yummo! We walked around the hotel grounds a while after lunch, enjoyed the marsh views, saw a wedding in progress, and then we just found a shaded bench and sat and talked and talked. Talk about luxury! Adult conversation during daylight hours without any interruptions! I was a sophomore in highschool, just 16 years old, when Stan first took me to dinner at the Jekyll Island Club's Grand Dining Room for our prom dinner, and ever since then, it has been such a special spot for us. On our way home, we had an interesting mix on our iPod's playlist--Here were the tunes we swayed to in our seats or boogied to (depending on the tune). :)
  1. Chet Baker's "Time After Time" (we call this one our song--the first line is "Time after time, I tell myself that I'm, so lucky to be lovin' you) (We actually have another song we call our song, too, but it is from "back in the day" and it's embarassing to admit it used to be our song, so this is our song since we became married.)
  2. Chet Baker's "Funny Valentine"
  3. James Brown's "Get Up" 
  4. Chicago's "What Kind of Man Would I Be?"
  5. Terry Gibbs' Dream Band "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You"
  6. Marvin Gay's "Let's Get it On" (As Stan said, "End it on a high note." :)
It was truly a fun day, and to top it all off, we cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer last night--what could be more romantic?! :)

5 comments:

Kristin Pattison said...

Oh girl, Congratulations!! I have always had the greatest respect for your relationship and now marriage with Stan! You both are a great example. How fun to be able to go to such a special place. Here's to 10 more great years!

Kristin Pattison said...

And I loved the "end it on a high note!"

Adrienne Rogowski said...

Thanks, girl! You're too kind.

And I knew you would love the "end it on a high note"--it's very much akin to our "take it to the top!"
:) Love you, gal!

Carrie Beth said...

Adrienne, I am so glad y'all could get away for a litle while- and so proud of Stan for making the effort to arrange it! What fun! I remember that first date at the Jekyll Island Club- I was with you, wearing a tight teal sequin dress...yikes! Can't believe that was so long ago. It's always fun to read your blog- love you, girl!

Adrienne Rogowski said...

And girl, you looked smokin' in that dress! :) What a fun night that was! That does feel like an eternity ago. I had on a tight sequin job, too! It was a night for it! :)